This website has been developed with start up funding from Hawke's Bay DHB, Napier and Hastings City Council, Presbyterian Support East Coast (PSEC) and the time and expertise of Eleanor Bodger of Eldernet. The website is now fully managed and funded by PSEC.
The information on this website is provided by Enliven Positive Ageing a service of Presbyterian Support East Coast.
The aim of this service is to give older people information about what is available in Hawkes Bay. We have developed our directory of local community groups and services to encourage you to connect with your communicty. Listed community groups welcome your enquiry and new members to their groups.
We will work with prospective subscribers to help them enter their own information onto the site and support them to keep it updated so that it has ongoing relevance to you.
Many community groups operate with considerable input from volunteers who generously give of their time. We want to acknowledge these people and thank them for their often unrecognised work.
The information on this website can be printed and may be obtained, on request from libraries and community groups who may charge a small cost to cover printing costs.
The following gives you some information about PSEC Enliven Positive Ageing Services
- Enliven is based on positive aging principles that regards aging as natural , supports older people to have choices and achieve their aims and encourages the community to embrace the challenges of the aging population.
- Enliven services are based on restoring the physical, mental and social well-being of older people and their family through listening to what older people want, providing rehabilitation, opportunities for friendship, health and supportive communities.
- Enliven has been proven by independent research to dramatically improve the lives of older people and their family care givers.
- Enliven is allowing many older people to remain at home who would otherwise be in rest homes or hospitals. Enliven has nine services in operation, has 500 clients and is growing rapidly.
- Enliven is working with councils, health providers and other community groups to promote a positive attitude to aging in the East Coast.
We hope you find this website helpful. It is for you, please use it and let others know about it. Any suggestions on how we can improve it are welcome so please contact the website administrator. Together we can create a better service.
Each service involved issue a disclaimer in the unlikely event that the information or services offered by groups other than themselves on the site are not accurate or honoured.